How to Apply for Pharmacy Residency at Shepherd Center
Want to learn more about the Pharmacy Residency program? Join us for an online info session on Dec. 16, 2022, from Noon - 1:00 p.m. ET, and get your questions answered live. Sign Up to Attend.
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Application Requirements
Shepherd’s Pharmacy Residency Program welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and lifestyles. We offer two year-long resident positions, available to individuals who:
- Possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
- Are eligible for licensure in the state of Georgia.
- Are enrolled in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Matching Program (National Matching Service Code 286813).
Pharmacist Application Submission Instructions
How do you apply for a pharmacy residency position? Shepherd participates in the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS). To apply, the following must be submitted through PhORCAS by the deadline to be considered for an onsite interview:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation from preceptors or employers
- Pharmacy school transcripts
- Notification of any work permit, visa, or licensure issues
Pharmacy Residency Application Deadlines
All application materials are due on January 3, 2023. Selection will be based on a letter of intent, the qualifications of the applicant, and letters of recommendation. After the initial review process, select applicants will be invited for a live interview.
Pharmacy Residency Benefits
- An estimated stipend of $48,000
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 24 Paid days off (PDO) which can be used for sick days, interview days, and vacation time
- Travel allowance to attend professional meetings