AutoCoach 2.0: A free app to help teach your teens to drive safely
Shepherd Center, in partnership with the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety, has developed the first mobile app created by certified driver rehabilitation specialists for parents of teens with cognitive and physical disabilities.
Why You Need AutoCoach
- Teens ages 16 to 19 are three times more likely to die in a car crash than older, more experienced drivers.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for this age group.
- Every day, six young adults die in a car crash in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
How AutoCoach Will Help You and Your Teen
- Specialized lessons for teens with cognitive and physical disabilities
- It takes the anxiety and guesswork out of how to teach your teen to drive effectively
- Reduces risky driving behaviors by both parents and teens
- Supports modeling safe driving behaviors for your teen
- It equips parents to teach teens to drive and keeps parents involved in the process
Track your teen's driving progress in one convenient place.
Provided lessons help frame your teen's driving education.
Get exact information regarding your practice drives in real time.
No need for paper logs. All drives and ratings are stored in the app.