Shepherd Center provides a competitive benefits package that focuses on high quality healthcare while supporting the overall health and wellness of our employees. Many benefits are available to employees working as little as 16 hours per week.
Health & Wellness
- Medical: Three Plan options are designed to ensure choice and quality to Shepherd Center employees while maintaining a high level of coverage and financial protection. We strive to offer a variety of quality benefit selections that fit the diverse needs of employees and their families. Shepherd Centersubsidizes a generous portion; approximately 86% of medical premium costs.
- Dental: Two Dental Plan options; one withorthodontia as an optional benefit.
- Vision: Two Vision Plan options based upon desiredcoverage.
- FSA & HSA: Options designed to help lower the cost of qualified health and dependent care by paying with pre-tax dollars.
- Wellness Incentive: Employees enrolled under the medical plans are eligible to participate in the Wellness
- Incentive Program: includes competitions, health screening, and prevention education.
- HealthAdvocate: A partner to help you navigate the healthcare system. Offers a variety of services to include: claims assistance, provider selection, locating low cost options for many health needs, elder care options, and behavioral health.
- EatRight Atlanta: Bi-weekly access to fresh produce and fruit at the Local EatRight Atlanta’s Farmer’s Market.
Life & Disability Insurance
Shepherd Center provides the following benefits at no cost to eligible employees.
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
Option to purchase additional coverage at reduced group rates.
- Supplemental Employee, Spouse and Dependent Life/AD&D
- Critical Illness is an affordable way to help protect against financial stressors of a serious illness (i.e. Cancer, Heart Attack, Stroke, etc.).
- Accident Insurance can help pay for out-of pocket costs experienced after an accident.
- Whole Life is a convenient, affordable life insurance plan offering financial protection for your loved ones.
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance is a simple way to help protect against the financial
- stress of a hospital stay.
- Paid Time off (vacation, sick, holiday)
- Bereavement Leave and job protected leave of absence plans
- 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Savings Plan with generous match provisions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted On-site Fitness Center Membership
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Cafeteria and onsite pharmacy discounts
- Will Preparation, Estate Planning and Funeral Planning
- Identify Theft Program for prevention, detection and resolution
- Travel Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- BenefitHub and Georgia Hospital Association
- Travel offering discounts for travel and other goods and services
- Service Recognition Program
- Employee “Fun” days: Casual Fridays, Annual Field Day Competition, Halloween Costume Contest, Appreciation Lunches
- Opportunity to support annual employee giving campaign supporting designated Shepherd Center projects
- Part Time hours and flex schedules