Sponsor a Clinical Trial at Shepherd Center
The clinical trials team at Shepherd Center provides exceptional administrative and clinical support for the initiation and conduct of clinical trials.
The team supports and implements industry sponsored, government funded, privately funded, and investigator-initiated research studies. Phase I – IV clinical trials involve both inpatients and outpatients.
Most participating research volunteers are Shepherd Center patients. Each year Shepherd Center admits hundreds of patients and conducts thousands of outpatient clinic visits.
The team delivers the finest response to pharmaceutical and bio-technical firms and provides comprehensive investigator support services.
Benefits to Industry
- Single point of contact for site qualification, completion of regulatory documents and contracts, and project implementation
- Experienced and certified clinical research coordinators
- Reviewed and completed clinical trial agreements (CTAs) within four weeks
- Internal Review Board (IRB) applications generated every week
- On-site imaging, radiology, laboratory (CLIA approved), pharmacy (JCAHO accredited) and other support services
Clinical Trials Review
Shepherd Center's Research Review Committee reviews all requests for the use of human subjects in research at Shepherd Center. Depending on the nature of the research and the potential risk and benefit, requests for use of human subjects may be eligible for expedited review or may require full board review.
For more information about submission deadlines, application materials, and review committee policies and procedures, call 404-350-7651 or email Ismari Clesson, RN, BSN, CCRP.
Areas of Clinical Specialization:
- Spinal Cord Injury – acute interventions and chronic care issues
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Neurogenic pain
- Urology (neurogenic bladder)
Available Resources and Equipment:
- Telsa 1.5 GE MRI scanner
- Walking track and treadmill
- Refrigerated and standard centrifuge
- Standard and wheelchair scales
- -20 and –7 refrigerator freezers
- Procedure/examination rooms
- Bladder scan
- Inpatient care
- Flow rate
- Monitor rooms