Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellowship
This 13-month fellowship will allow the new clinician to complete the CFY while rotating through ABI, SCI, acute and post-acute settings. The program will provide intensive clinical experience and training in the care of adolescents and adults with the following:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cognitive-linguistic deficits
- Trach and Vent
- And more!
Clinical Fellowship start date: August 23, 2021
Mission and Vision
- Shepherd Center’s Clinical Fellowship Program is committed to providing a positive and dynamic learning experience while developing the advanced clinical skills required for serving the catastrophically injured population. The CF will be a functioning member of an interdisciplinary team. Mentorship will be provided to facilitate growth and independence in the areas of diagnostics, treatment development, caseload management, and critical thinking application in the areas of cognition, communication, dysphagia, and voice.
- Shepherd Center’s vision is to be the leader in patient care excellence, education, and research across the specialized populations we serve.
Benefits to the Clinical Fellow
- Provide clinical experience in the specialized areas of brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Opportunity to experience evaluation and intervention across the continuum of care
- Direct supervision and mentoring along each step of the clinical fellowship from experienced clinicians
- Prepare the clinical fellow to take on a career in medical speech-language pathology
- Learning and research opportunities
- 13-month clinical fellowship rotates through inpatient and outpatient settings in Acquired Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury units.
- Full-time salaried position with benefits
- For more information or questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be eligible for licensure in the State of Georgia. Check licensing here.
- All applications should be submitted by April 16. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Please be prepared to be present for an in-person final round interview in Atlanta, if selected. In-person interviews will be conducted during the first week of June.
Please include the following in your application:
- A one-page (12-point font) cover letter describing your interest in the position, previous experience in medical speech pathology, goals for your career and the qualities that make you a good candidate for this clinical fellowship
- A completed supplemental application form (download below)
Please send all the above information in one PDF file via email, subject “CFY Application Your Name”, to email@example.com no later than April 16 at 11:59 p.m. EST.