Shepherd Support Groups
- Support groups organized by Shepherd Center are open to the public. All groups meet at Shepherd Center unless noted below. For more information about our SCI, ABI, Limb Loss, or TMO/TM Peer Support groups, call 404-350-7373. Visit our Facebook pages at facebook.com/shepherd.peers for our spinal cord injury page or facebook.com/shepherdbi.peers to join our brain injury page.
Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Peer Support Group Dinner
- Meets the fourth Thursday of every month in Shepherd Center's 7th floor auditorium from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (except Nov and Dec)
Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Survivor and Caregivers Support Group
- Following a group dinner, individual support group meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of every month in Shepherd Center's 7th floor auditorium from 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. (except Nov and Dec)
- (For more information about other support groups throughout Georgia and other states, please visit Brain Injury Peer Visitor Association, Brain Injury Association of America, or United Spinal Association.)
NMO/TM (Myelitis) Support Group
- Support group for individuals living with CNS myelitis diseases such as Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder, MOG, Transverse Myelitis, ADEM, Acute Flaccid Myelitis, Optic Neuritis, and MS. Held the 2nd Saturday of the month from 10am -12pm in the 3rd floor conference room at Shepherd Center.
Peer Support via Phone or Email
- If coming to Shepherd Center is not a possibility, our program can provide peer support over the phone or via email. For more information, call the peer support manager at 404-350-7373.