Social Media Policy
The information and advice published or made available through this website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
We encourage your comments on Shepherd Center’s various social media channels and blogs, and we hope you will join the discussions. We can't respond to every comment, particularly those that deal with individual medical cases and issues. We review comments, and those that are off-topic or clearly promoting a commercial product generally are removed. We also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds.
That's the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Shepherd Center-sponsored social media channels or blogs, you give Shepherd Center the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Shepherd Center in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or "spam."
Shepherd Center reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to a blog or social media channel upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the social media channel or blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Shepherd Center against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.