SHARE Military Initiative at Shepherd Center is a comprehensive rehabilitation program that focuses on assessment and treatment for service men and women who have sustained a mild to moderate traumatic brain injury and PTSD from the Afghanistan and Iraqi conflicts.
SHARE Military Initiative provides assistance, support, and education to service members and their families during their recovery treatment and beyond. In addition, the program compiles data that is beneficial to policy and legislative change to provide for unfunded services.
- Have served in the OEF/OIF conflicts
- Have functional difficulties due to diagnosis or suspected brain injury
- Have PTSD symptoms that do not require hospitalization
- Have a discharge plan
What Services Does SHARE Provide?
- 2-Week Assessment with Recommendations for Treatment
- 8- to 12-Week Treatment Program
- 12 to 24 Months of Community Transition Follow-up
- Complimentary Housing with On-Site Life Skills Support
Specialty Medical Services
- Pain Management Clinic
- Sleep Studies
- Full Complement of Other Specialty Medical Care, including Vision and Audiology
Psychology and Counseling
Substance Abuse Counseling
- PTSD (EMDR) Outpatient Treatment
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Client/Family Education
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Evaluation and Treatment
- Vocational/Academic Evaluation and Community Re-entry
- Life-Skills Training and Coaching
- Transition to Home – Telehealth Services
- Web-Based Support and Education
- Resource Rehabilitation to Include Assistance in Navigating Medical Board Process and VA System
How Are We Different?
- Comprehensive and Timely Care
- Dedicated Treatment Team for Military Patients
- Individualized Treatment with all Specialty Services
- Community Transition – Case Management
- Follow-up for 12 to 24 Months
- Person-Centered Care
- Financial Assistance
- Cafeteria – Complimentary for Military Patients
- Olympic Size Pool and Access to Aquatic Program
- Full Access to Wellness Center, Including Personal Trainers
- Assistive Technology
- Drivers’ Evaluation and Training
- Peer Support Services
- Wheelchair Seating
- Financial Planning
- Legal Assistance
Why Should I Refer Patients to SHARE Military Initiative?
Shepherd Center is a recognized Humana Military Healthcare Services/TRICARE provider. This allows for a smooth referral, admission and treatment process. Timely and efficient care coordination permits the injured service member to receive specialty care and education. SHARE Military Initiative ensures access to care that may be unfunded.
To Discuss Admission to the SHARE Military Initiative, Contact:
SHARE Program Manager
To Make a Donation in support of SHARE, Contact:
Call 404-350-7314 or give online at our secure giving site.
Major Gifts Officer
Shepherd Center Foundation