Volunteer at Shepherd Center
Volunteers make all the difference at Shepherd Center. Each year hundreds of individuals, families and companies in the Atlanta area lend support by giving their time to Shepherd Center.
There are a variety of opportunities for volunteers, whether you enjoy interacting with patients, performing clerical tasks or assisting with fun events.
Click here to access your volunteer portal.
Join a Volunteer Group at Shepherd Center
Volunteer groups at Shepherd are open to anyone in the community and are a fun way to meet new people while planning and implementing special events that serve as fundraisers for Shepherd Center.
Membership in this group is open to anyone interested in supporting Shepherd Center. The group provides holiday gifts, birthday wishes, fun activities and patient aid to Shepherd Center patients and their families, enhancing the overall patient experience. Please call 404-350-7315 for more information. To learn more, click here.
Composed of individuals and families who perform 2-3 activities annually for our patients. Activities include an ice cream social in the spring and a cookout in early fall. Please call 404-350-7315 for more information. To learn more, click here.
Click the "Volunteer Opportunities" link on the upper left hand side of this page to learn about the various in-hospital placements.
*Please note that most opportunities are available during regular business hours on weekdays.*
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years old (18 years old for most positions)
- Commit to serve on a regular basis for a minimum of three months
- Complete an application
- Volunteers must participate in a two-hour evening orientation (held monthly January - November)
- Submit proof of immunization/vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), tuberculosis (TB) and flu (during flu season - between the months of October and March)
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Pass Compliance & HIPAA training
- Meet with a member of the Volunteer Services Department
**We are unable to offer any shadowing or observation opportunities at this time, however you can complete an application to be a volunteer. **
Our volunteer newsletter is produced each month. Be sure to check back for the latest edition.
Click here to download the August edition now.
More Information about Shepherd Center’s Atlanta Area Volunteering
Contact Volunteer Services at 404-350-7316.