How to Volunteer at Shepherd Center
Atlanta Rehabilitation Hospital Volunteer Programs
Volunteers make all the difference at Shepherd Center. Each year hundreds of individuals, families and companies lend support by giving their time to Shepherd Center.
There are a variety of opportunities for volunteers, whether you enjoy interacting with patients, performing clerical tasks or assisting with fun events.
Volunteer Groups at Shepherd Center
Meet new people and get involved with the Atlanta community by joining a volunteer group at Shepherd Center. Volunteer groups typically plan and organize fundraising events or activities to benefit Shepherd Center. See the types of volunteer groups listed below to find a way to get involved.
Anyone interested in supporting Shepherd Center and positively impacting the lives of patients can become a member of this group. The group provides holiday gifts, birthday wishes, fun activities and patient aid to Shepherd Center patients and their families, enhancing the overall patient experience. Please call 404-350-7315 for more information.
The Peach Corps is comprised of individuals and families who perform two to three activities annually for Shepherd Center patients. Activities include an ice cream social in the spring and a cookout in early fall. Please call 404-350-7315 for more information..
Learn more about the various in-hospital placements to find the right volunteer program for you. In-hospital volunteering programs typically run during regular business hours on weekdays.
To volunteer at Shepherd Center, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 15 years old, with many programs requiring volunteers to be 18 years or older.
- Serve on a regular basis for a minimum of three months.
- Complete and submit an application.
- Participate in a two-hour evening orientation session (held monthly January through November).
- Submit proof of immunization/vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), tuberculosis (TB) and flu (during flu season between the months of October and March).
- Pass a background check.
- Pass a drug screening.
- Pass compliance and HIPAA training.
- Connect with a member of the Volunteer Services Department.
We are unable to offer any shadowing or observation opportunities at this time, however you can complete an application to be a volunteer.
Get news specific for Shepherd Center volunteers by downloading our monthly newsletter. Check back each month for the latest edition.
Contact Volunteer Services at 404-350-7316 for more information about Shepherd Center’s Atlanta-area volunteer opportunities.