Shepherd Center NeuroRehabilitation Learning Institute offers continuing education for medical professionals to advance the providers' knowledge, care, and treatment of patients with complex neurological conditions such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, and stroke. To learn more about online and live educational offerings, please visit us at education.shepherd.org.
- August 18, 2020: Therapeutic Considerations for Respiratory Support after SCI, presented by Diane Jonston
- September 29, 2020: Neuropsych Correlates and Return to Driving, presented by Susan Schwartz
- October 27, 2020: Diaphragmatic Pacing after SCI, presented by Casey Cabral
Recordings of previous webinars are available for continuing education credit at education.shepherd.org.
- July 28, 2020: Importance of Spirituality on Healing after Traumatic Injury presented by Punam Rahman, Psy.D.
- June 30, 2020: Ethical Considerations in Healthcare, presented by Jill Koval, Ph.D., ABPP
- May 19, 2020: Pulmonary Management and Weaning Strategies After Spinal Cord Injury, presented by Kelley Taylor, RCP A.S.
- April 23, 2020: Medical Management of Brain Injury in the Trauma Setting, presented by Amy Kolarova, DO
- October 22, 2019: Empowering Women after Spinal Cord Injury: Across the Lifespan, presented by Shannon Schneider, MS, OTR/L
- September 17, 2019: Empowering Women after Spinal Cord Injury: Safe Healthcare Goes Beyond Accessibility, presented by Ginger Crymes, MS, OTR/L, and Jennifer Roane, OT
- July 30, 2019: Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis: Wellness and Cognitive Rehabilitation, presented by Ian Flannery, PT, DPT, and Bonnie Schuade, ST, CCC-SLP
- June 15, 2019: Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis: Adapting Exercise and Rehabilitation, presented by Ian Flannery, PT, DPT, and Rebecca Shivers, BS, OTR/L, CLT
- May 21, 2019: Cardiovascular Conditioning in Multiple Sclerosis - Breaking the Barriers, presented by Anneke Bender, PT, MSCS
- April 30, 2019: Potential Rehabilitation Approaches to Effect Neuroplasticity in Multiple Sclerosis, presented by Deborah Backus, PT, PhD, FACRM
- February 2019: Therapeutic Recreation — Making a Difference in SCI Inpatient Rehabilitation, presented by Kelly Edens, CTRS, and Cecilia Rider, MS, CTRS