Shepherd Center offers an ongoing series of webinars for nurses, social workers, case managers and other healthcare professionals. Continuing education credit may be available for those who attend.
In addition, in January 2018 Shepherd Center launched its NeuroRehabilitation Learning Institute to offer interdisciplinary professional education to support the treatment of complex neurological conditions such as brain and spinal cord injury. These training programs provide ongoing continuing education at reasonable costs. For more information, visit education.shepherd.org.
Check back soon for information on an upcoming series of webinars related to rehabilitation for people with multiple sclerosis.
Replays of some past webinars are available for CE credit at education.shepherd.org.
- February 2019: Therapeutic Recreation — Making a Difference in SCI Inpatient Rehabilitation, presented by Kelly Edens, CTRS, and Cecilia Rider, MS, CTRS
- September 2018: Assessment Tools for Early Stages of Recovery after Severe Brain Inury, presented by Alexes Venuti, M.A., CCC-SLP
- July 2018: Managing Patients With Acute Spinal Cord Injury presented by Dorea Fowler, RN, BSN, CRRN.
- November 2017: The Impact of Stroke on Patients’ Functional and Social Quality of Life presented by Gail Greene, RN, BSN, CRRN
- June 2017: Pulmonary Management and Vent Weaning Strategies Post SCI presented by Kelley Taylor, RCP A.S.
- March 2017: Rockin’ and Rollin’: Adolescent Spinal Cord Injury presented by Patty Antcliff, MOTR/L
- November 2016: A Matter of Life and Death: The Early Recognition and Treatment of Sepsis Post-SCI presented by Craig Andrews, RN, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CNRN
- June 2016: Pulmonary Management and Vent Weaning Strategies Post SCI presented by Andrew Zadoff, M.D.
- April 2016: Rockin’ and Rollin’: Adolescent Spinal Cord Injury presented by Patty Antcliff, MOTR/L