What to Bring During Rehabilitation at Shepherd Center
Having some of your personal items from home can make you feel more comfortable during your stay at Shepherd Center. This could mean bringing your books and photographs or a favorite T-shirt and sweater.
The checklist below will help you pack for your stay at Shepherd. If you forget to pack an item, Shepherd Center can provide some personal care items as needed.
Items to Bring Checklist:
- Comb or brush
- Shaving supplies
- Shampoo and other hair care products
- Hair dryer
- Prescription medications in their original containers. (Your doctor will need information on the exact brand and dosage you receive).
For Rehabilitation Program Patients
As part of therapy, rehabilitation patients are expected to get up and get dressed every day. You will need an assortment of comfortable, loose-fitting clothes. For all clothes, be sure to label them with your name in permanent marker.
Clothing Suggestions For Rehabilitation Stay
- Pants with an elastic waistband, such as cotton or nylon sweat pants (5 pairs)
- Comfortable shirts (4)
- Light-weight jacket
- Socks – athletic style (4 pairs)
- Underwear (at least one week’s supply)
- Athletic shoes, at least one size larger than usual (1 pair)
- Outdoor wear during the colder months, including warm jacket, heavy sweater and hat
Washers and dryers are available on each floor for patient use.
As your rehabilitation progresses and you begin participating in community outings, you will need more usual daily wear. For these outings, you will need the type of clothes you wore before your hospital stay, such as casual pants and shirts, skirts or dresses and everyday shoes.
What Not to Bring
- Valuable jewelry, expensive electronic items or large amounts of cash. We recommend that no more than $10 be kept in your room at any time. Shepherd Center cannot accept responsibility for lost items.
- Heaters, heating pads, or equipment for food preparation and storage.
- Firearms or other weapons.
For Medical/Surgical Patients
If you are scheduled for surgery, be sure to bring pajamas or other comfortable clothes for your hospital stay.