Effective date: October 20, 2023
Last modified date: October 20, 2023
“Protected health information” as defined under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act and related regulations (collectively referred to as “HIPAA”), including information you provide to Shepherd Center, while being treated as a patient, is separate and subject to our Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices.
Information That We Collect
We also calculate metrics like bounce rate, page views, sessions, and the like to understand how our website is used, enabling us to analyze visitor behavior, customize our website according to your individual interests, and recognize you when you return to our website. We may also create visitors’ profiles based on browsing history to analyze visitor behavior, show personalized content, and run online campaigns.
We host our analytics solution on Microsoft Azure servers located in the United States, where the data is securely stored for a period of 25 months. Data that has exceeded the retention period is deleted on the 1st of the following month.
The purpose of data processing: analytics and conversion tracking based on consent.
If you would like to change your website consent status, please use the following settings:
Email and Demographics Information
- When you submit an online form or reply to any of our communications with a request, we may need to collect additional information. For example, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as name, email address, and demographic information if you choose to complete an online form or provide feedback.
- By submitting personal information, you grant Shepherd Center the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the website and services you’ve requested.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Text (SMS) Messaging
- Shepherd Center collects personally identifiable information (e.g., email address, name, and phone number), which you expressly and voluntarily provide to Shepherd Center through its website to opt in to receive SMS text messages on alerts, surveys, reminders, event registration, announcements, and mailing list subscriptions.
- Shepherd Center may use that information to fulfill your request for our information and services and to communicate information that may be of interest to you.
- Shepherd Center does not sell or trade your information with third parties.
- SMS Opt In/Opt Out: Users may opt into the text message service by texting SIGNUP to 96263. Users may opt out of the text message service at any time by texting STOP to 96263. After you send the STOP message to cancel, we will send you a reply message to confirm you have been unsubscribed. After that, you will no longer receive text messages from Shepherd Center.
How We Use This Information
Shepherd Center uses the information you provide to improve our website, communicate with you, fulfill online requests, process credit card information, and respond to customer service inquiries.
We may use your information to:
- Help us improve the services we offer.
- Improve website user interface, content personalization, optimize experience, and marketing content.
- Send emails relevant to your interests.
- Send text messages relevant to your interests.
- Respond to your questions and requests and improve customer service.
- Administer a survey or other site feature.
- Subscribe you to a webinar or events.
- Process services you’ve requested, such as event registrations and online donations.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from website visitors in this age group.