Spinal Cord Injury Day Program
Many patients with complex injuries need to continue their recovery and rehabilitation, but no longer require the around-the-clock care of an inpatient hospital setting. That is why Shepherd Center created the Spinal Cord Injury Day Program. It provides comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation services to people with spinal cord injury and other neuromuscular conditions to increase the level of independent functioning at home, work/school and in the community.
NOTE: To serve current Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Day Program patients in a timely manner, Shepherd Center will not be taking external referrals for the program at this time. We will re-evaluate this decision in the future. In the meantime, we will not keep a waiting list or accept applications for the program.
Is Day Program Right For You?
- Upon admission, you must be able to tolerate at least three hours of treatment daily.
- You must have realistic goals with at least two discipline areas to be considered a candidate.
- You and your caregiver must be able to be present from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
- You do not have any medical issues that would prevent daily therapy. Those issues include serious wounds, unmanaged pain or unmanaged blood pressure/cardiac issues.
- At the time of discharge, we expect you to return to the discharge environment as independent as possible in the home and the community.