Shepherd Center Library
Shepherd Center's library, the Noble Learning Resource Center (NLRC), is open to all patients, their family members and visitors, as well as to community members with questions related to Shepherd Center's areas of expertise. An experienced librarian is available to help with medical research. We offer specialized information on spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, multiple sclerosis, post-polio and other neuromuscular disorders.
1st floor, Shepherd Building
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
The library provides medical books, journals and databases, patient and family medical resources, educational DVDs and computers for researching medical issues.
The library is a member of:
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine Southeastern-Atlantic Region (NN/LM SE/A)
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association (SC/MLA)
- Georgia Health Sciences Library Association (GHSLA)
The NLRC provides the following resources and services:
- Access to consumer and clinical medical books, both hard copy and electronic. Books are available for check out to hospital staff and patients/families.
- Access to medical databases. Employee access is provided through the intranet. Patients/families can use these databases on the library computers.
- Access to emergency voting information and resources for patients and families to secure their ballots.
- Contact the librarian to request a literature search, or if you need assistance in obtaining specific articles.
- Computers in the library have access to the internet and are for patients/families. We are NOT a public library and encourage those in need of computer access who are not affiliated with Shepherd Center to visit the Atlanta-Fulton County Public Library.