Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship Application
Shepherd’s Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship Program welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and lifestyles. We offer one 12-month fellowship position available to individuals who:
- Have completed an ACGME-accredited residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology, or Psychiatry.
- Are enrolled in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), also known as The Match (National Matching Service Code 1113347F0). The Brain Injury Medicine Match is a subspecialty under the Rehabilitation Medicine Fellowship Match.
Successful completion of the fellowship program satisfies the eligibility requirement to take the Examination in Brain Injury Medicine to obtain Subspecialty Certification in Brain Injury Medicine.
Application Submission Instructions
Shepherd participates in the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS®). To apply, the following must be submitted through the ERAS® website by the deadline to be considered for an interview:
- ERAS® fellowship application
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and/or COMPLEX-USA transcripts
- Medical student performance evaluation (MSPE or "Deans Letter")
Resident Matching Program
Shepherd's Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), also known as The Match. Information can be obtained directly from the NRMP website. Our NRMP Program Code is 1113347F0. The Brain Injury Medicine Match is a subspecialty under the Rehabilitation Medicine Fellowship Match.
Applications for the 2024-2025 fellowship are now closed. Please check back for future fellowship training opportunities.
Selection will be based on a letter of intent, the qualifications of the applicant, and letters of recommendation. After the initial review process, select applicants will be invited for an interview.