Brain Injury Care for U.S. Service Members
SHARE Military Initiative at Shepherd Center is a comprehensive rehabilitation program that focuses on assessment and treatment for service men and women who have sustained a mild to moderate traumatic brain injury, along with co-occurring PTSD or other mental health concerns (such as depression or anxiety), from service in post-9/11 conflicts.
SHARE Military Initiative provides assistance, support, and education to service members and their families during their recovery treatment and beyond.
Download our brochure for more information.
- Have served in post-9/11 conflicts
- Have functional difficulties due to a diagnosed or suspected brain injury
- May have PTSD (or other mental health concerns) that does not require hospitalizaiton
- Have a discharge plan
What Services Does SHARE Provide?
- 2-Week Interdisciplinary Assessment with Treatment Recommendations
- 8- to 12-Week Treatment Program
- 12 to 24 Months of Community Transition Follow-up
- Complimentary Housing with On-Site Life Skills Support
Dedicated Military Team:
- Physiatrist/Rehabilitation Medical Doctor
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech/Language Pathologist
- Recreational Therapist
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
- Case Manager
- Clinical Social Worker
- Case Management
- Individual and Group Therapy
- PTSD Treatment
- Client and Family Education
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Evaluation and Treatment
- Vocational/Academic Evaluation
- Community Re-integreation
- Life-Skills Training and Coaching
- Transition to Home – Telehealth Services
- Peer support
- Web-Based Support and Education
- Resource education and connection
- Specialty Medical Services
- Pain Management
- Sleep Studies
How Are We Different?
- Comprehensive and timely care
- Dedicated interdisciplinary treatment team
- Individualized treatment with all specialty services
- Community transition
- Follow-up for 12 to 24 Months
- Person-centered care
- Cafeteria – Complimentary lunch for SHARE clients
- Olympic size pool and access to aquatic program
- Full access to Wellness Center, including personal trainers
- Assistive technology
- Drivers’ evaluation and training
- Wheelchair seating
Why Should I Refer Patients to SHARE Military Initiative?
Shepherd Center is a recognized Humana Military Healthcare Services/TRICARE provider. This allows for a smooth referral, admission and treatment process. Timely and efficient care coordination permits the injured service member to receive specialty care and education. SHARE Military Initiative ensures access to care that may be unfunded.
Video Overview: About SHARE Military Initiative
To Discuss Admission to the SHARE Military Initiative:
For questions about admissions or to inquire about the program, call 404-603-4314 or email ShareAdmissions@shepherd.org.
To Make a Donation in support of SHARE, Contact:
Call 404-350-7314 or give online at our secure giving site.
Director of Major and Planned Gifts
Shepherd Center Foundation
SHARE Military Initiative in the News
Shepherd's Men is raising money for SHARE Military Initiative again in 2017. Recent news coverage includes a spot on April 8, 2017 on the national network morning program Fox & Friends. View the appearance here.
SHARE Military Initiative and former client Jarrad Turner were featured in a recent story on Fox 5 Atlanta. View the story here.