Planning Your Admission to the SHARE Military Initiative
Criteria for Admission to SHARE Military Initiative
- Symptoms of mild to moderate traumatic brain injury or concussion
- Co-occurring diagnosis of behavioral health issues, such as anxiety, depression and/or post-traumatic stress
- Commitment to rehabilitation
How to Request Admission to the SHARE Military Initiative
To initiate a referral to the SHARE Military Initiative at Shepherd Center, please download and complete the SHARE Referral Form and Release of Information Form. Then send both forms and the necessary medical documents (listed below) to the SHARE Admissions Department.
All documents may be sent to SHARE Admissions via:
Fax: (404) 603-4419
Attn: SHARE Admissions
2020 Peachtree Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
If you have any questions about this process or need any assistance, call the Admissions Coordinator at 404-603-4314.
Medical Documents Needed for Admission to SHARE
- Physician’s order requesting evaluation and treatment for comprehensive rehabilitation therapy at SHARE
- Copy of your DD-214
- Recent medical history and physical exam from your primary care physician or other healthcare provider, such as your neurologist, neurosurgeon or physiatrist, as well as notes from your most recent office visits
- Written report of the findings of your most recent radiology tests specific to brain, spine and orthopedic injuries (e.g., X-rays, MRI, CT scans)
- Discharge summaries from any inpatient psychiatric hospitalizations
- Therapy notes if currently receiving services, or discharge notes if no longer receiving services
- A completed copy of the SHARE Referral Form
- MEB/PEB findings (if applicable)
- Any other information you feel may be of assistance
Next Steps for Service Member and Veteran Brain Injury Treatment at SHARE
Once we have received your records, you will be contacted for an intake interview by our admissions coordinator. Upon completion of the intake interview and receipt of the needed documents, your records will be reviewed by our admissions team. You will be notified within one week of SHARE receiving your completed admissions information regarding acceptance into the program.
If you are determined to be a candidate for SHARE, please be aware that your admission may not be scheduled immediately. You may be placed on a waiting list until an opening becomes available.
More Information about the SHARE Admissions Process
- If you have additional questions about the program, call 404-603-4314 or email SHAREadmissions@shepherd.org.
- Download the SHARE program scorecard and the SHARE transition program scorecard.
- Download our brochure for more information.
- Download the map to our location for the SHARE Military Initiative.