Family Support Services
Information and assistance is available to patients and family members in the Family Lounge on the sixth floor of the Marcus-Woodruff Building. Family Support Services is here to provide you with the following information:
- Fax and/or copy documents for free
- Provide Buckhead and Atlanta area information and directions
- Tour family members/patients around the Shepherd Center campus
- Answer non-medical questions about Shepherd Center (i.e., where to buy stamps, how to email a patient, how to meet with a case manager, etc.)
- Provide rides to family members of patients to local stores/banks, etc., within a few miles using volunteer drivers (need 24-hour, business day notice)
- Post monthly calendar of events that family members of patients are invited to
- Share info on our Perks Partners' discounts and local housing options (such as our Hotel Partners nearby)
- Coordinate volunteers who provide complementary services, such as chair massages for family members, haircuts for patients, and family brunches and ice cream socials for patients and families
The office is staffed Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m on the 6th floor of the Marcus-Woodruff Building, located in the Family Lounge. You may also call 404-367-1351 and leave a message. Please call at least 24 hours in advance to request local transportation.
Family Support staff members are happy to answer questions about Shepherd Center routines and services. They also help with directions, tours, shopping, local transportation and many other non-medical needs.