Appointments and Referrals with the Urology Clinic at Shepherd Center
It can feel overwhelming to deal with neurogenic bladder and urinary incontinence. But it doesn’t have to be. We want to help you feel like you have control over your life.
The Urology Clinic at Shepherd Center is one of the country’s most renowned care and treatment centers for neuro-urology. That’s a testament to the expertise of our medical professionals and how we treat all our patients: with care, respect, humor, and hope.
If you’re new to the Urology Clinic, this means starting with a patient evaluation. Our team of specialists will work with you to develop your personalized care plan, including bladder management and treatment.
How to Request an Appointment with the Urology Clinic
The information below will help you learn how to request an appointment at the Urology Clinic.
The Urology Clinic is currently accepting new patients. A medical referral from a healthcare provider is encouraged but not required for new patient evaluations. You can make a new patient appointment by calling our clinic at 404-355-1144 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Referrals can also be faxed to us at 404-350-7356.
Preparing for Your First Appointment
We want to make the most of your visit here just as much as you do. Here are some tips on what to do before your first evaluation.
- List questions and topics you'd like to discuss with your care team.
- List of injuries you’ve had.
- Document the symptoms you are experiencing and for how long.
- Bring a partner, family member, or friend who can act as a second set of ears, take notes and prompt you if you forget anything.
- Ask for clarity on anything you don't understand. Medical terms can be daunting, and we want you to feel confident while you're here and after you leave.
For your first evaluation appointment, please also bring with you the following:
- Driver's license or ID
- Medical insurance card